Friday, May 15, 2009

While the boys are at play....

Wha whooooo. The boys (Josh and Zach) are camping tonight so it's just me and Sam here! The best part about that is that Sam's in bed for the night! SO I get to update the blog and do a few projects to keep me sane and happy!

So funny story about moving the water line for the fridge. We had to cut three holes in the ceiling in the family room... (this is where we're glad we haven't mudded or taped yet....) then Josh decided the best way to get the water pipe to the other side of the wall was to tie a rope around a ball and then tape the rope to the ball so it wouldn't come off... Then throw it between the rafters to the other side. Sounds like a pretty good idea... there was only one problem. We have to go over a heating duct. So Josh throws the ball and it bounces off the duct and hits Josh in the nose. (chuckle) So we laugh and he tries again and it does the same thing. Well it took us about three hours to get it moved with me standing on the arm of the love seat with a flashlight and Josh with a paint stirrer stick and another piece of board duct taped together to get the ball were it needed to go so we could pull the water pipe through and up a hole in the kitchen. Funny night.

So to switch gears here. Sam was up at the top of the stairs and Zach and I were telling him to turn around and so he did... he did a 360! and when he was done he looked at me and smiled a big smile like look mom I did it! He's great!


And this cute boy said a cute thing today. We were having grilled cheese sandwiches and Zach took a few bites and said " Mom, is this how Aunt Jeni made these.. a Jeni's special?" I said I think so honey thinking I don't remember. He took a couple more bites and then said " yeah I think it is it tastes the same. We're having Jeni special!" He was pretty excited.. By the way the Jeni special happened in February :) He has a good memory!

No comments:

Homemaking 101

Does anyone else feel like it's time for a refresher course on homemaking 101? Maybe we should watch a few seasons of Leave it to Beave...