Monday, October 12, 2009

A little tease!

Okay so I know you've been holding your breath (hopefully not all weekend and certainly not for the last 6 months) to see what we have been up to. Well I don't have a good picture of the kitchen because I was planning on taking that today but my dear husband has been busy doing some prep work for the counter tops!! Yea!!! Anyway here are some pictures. During this lovely remodel we've put blood sweat and you guessed it tears.

We started with a kitchen that looked like this...

took out a wall like this....

and bulit a wall like this with help from the Fam :).....

took cabinets like this.....

and made them look like this with lots of sanding, painting, and glazing!

After spilling this... what a day that was! Didn't know if I should laugh or cry...

So now you've gotten a little peek into our kitchen remodel job I'll show you really pictures when I can get them... and later I'll do a tutorial on what I'm doing to my kitchen chairs!

2 comments:

Amber said...

LOVING it!

Julianne said...

refinishing cabinets is so much work, I sanded and painted mine and it took me three weeks. I am sure yours were more work considering you glazed them, and didn't paint them a solid color. I guess I am saying is bless your heart for all the work, I'm sure that it will come out beautiful.

Homemaking 101

Does anyone else feel like it's time for a refresher course on homemaking 101? Maybe we should watch a few seasons of Leave it to Beave...